Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reading Notes, November 4, 2010

Martin Bryan - Introducing XML
Uche Ogbuji - A Survey of XM Standards
Andre Bergholz - Extending Your Markup
XML Schema Tutorial

Out of all of the readings, I found the W3Schools tutorial to be the most helpful.  XML still makes my brain hurt, but I feel like I'm at least getting the basic idea behind it.  We are also studying XML in LIS2005, so this gives me some more background on it to consider in reference to the topics in that class.  I hope they are teaching computer languages in elementary and high school these days because it's hard to learn them at my age!  Like learning any language, you have to start young to really grasp it.  That or have a mathy computery brain, which tragically I lack.  This gives me a lot of respect for technology professionals who make all of this stuff work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment